Monday 1 September 2014

Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'

Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying' - People - News - The Independent:

Al Pacino has opened up about the struggles he and others have faced when battling depression.

The veteran actor said that he felt "spared" and "lucky" that he is yet to have been derailed by the mental health condition that has led to the deaths of so many – including Robin Williams.

Speaking at Venice Film Festival, he said: "I may be depressed but I don't know about it.
"People go into depression and it's very, very sad and it can last and it's terrifying.
"I know that, I've had bouts with stuff that comes close to that, but not with that intensity. I feel spared, I feel lucky."

"In Godfather II, I would imagine Michael Corleone was depressed," he added.